Tuesday, August 10, 2010

A Few of my Favorite Things!

I have a great family and extended family.
-Starting from my parents, my 4 brothers and 4 sisters, we surprisingly love to spend time together. My parents have instilled in us the importance of family and have helped us to cultivate good relationships with each other as adults.
-My husband, Jon. What can I say. In so many ways we are so different. He likes to watch the "Military Channel," while I like to watch "What Not to Wear." He is a news junkie, while I can't run far enough away from it. Give me a fantasy world!
While we like a lot of the same music, we dislike about as much of each other's taste in music. It about balances out. We both love the outdoors and going out to eat. Jon cleans the kitchen better than I do, but I think I'm a better cook. At least it shows in our tummy's.
I'm a dog person, he's a cat person, but we have ended up liking both.
-My kids. I have the greatest kids. I am always learning from them; to be a better person, to be more spiritual, to question things, to not question things. Watching them with their kids has made me realize what bad parents we were! Luckily they turned out fine regardless. Whew!
They are fun to be with, to talk to. We look forward to visits from them and their children, and we love that they have given us opportunities to travel to places we normally wouldn't have gone.
-I love where we live. I love that in 15 minutes from leaving our house, we can be in the mountains sitting around a campfire roasting hot dogs and smore's. We have great neighbors that have become good friends. I love looking out my front window and seeing the mountains, and standing on my deck and looking out over the valley.
-At this very moment, I am loving my Kettle Worx workout. It is the only exercise I can do for 20 minutes that makes sweat run down my body. My treadmill is a second close.
-SONIC ICE!

No comments: