Friday, August 13, 2010

Perfect imperfection

It has taken me 35 years to hone this body to the imperfect state it is in. So, why am I surprised (and dissapointed) that it won't bounce back 4 weeks after ultimate loving care? I bought a 10 DVD work out set that came with a 5 pound weight. The secret here is to work cardio with weight training in order to maximize your workout. It comes with a $ back guarantee after 6 weeks. I am beginning my 5Th week today. While I have lost 6 pounds, and I am no longer so sore that I can't walk without agonizing pain, I have not achieved my dream body. I have 2 weeks left where I can call up and say "this workout is a load of crap!" But, I digress, it isn't crap. I really do feel better. My legs are getting to be rock-hard, I am seeing definition in my shoulders, but hoo-yah, that's not where I want to see changes! I want defined arms and 6 pack abs! (currently my arms and abs resemble molten lava.) Other than my treadmill, this is the longest workout I have ever stayed with and I think it's because it makes sense to me, and that if I give it time and continue to be consistent, I will end up with my dream bod again! If nothing else, I do feel better.
I find that I am my biggest nemesis because I want to eat everything. I like food. Don't try to tell me I have emotional issues that cause me to eat (Oprah would), I just like food. In a perfect world I would be able to eat whatever I want and just burn off the calories, right? Well, it hasn't been working that way for me so far. Maybe if I increased my workouts to 3 hours instead of 45 minutes a day I would get somewhere. But no, I can't do that, because then it would cut into my eating time.

No comments: