Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Day 6 and I'm done

Well, it's official. I have made the decision to come down off of my juice feasting high. I really wish my body could take more as I would love to go for 20-30 days. It was easy for me, after the first few days of course. I didn't suffer any emotional moments that I know of (they may have come out in my sleep?) and the only physical outbreak I had was on the inside of my mouth. I have a few cankers in my mouth, most likely from the acidic fruits I'm using.

I was going to go one more day so that I could say I had 10 days of fasting under my belt (remember the 3 days on green smoothies prior to the juicing), but I was getting a little too concerned about my blood sugar and the fact that I wasn't able to stabilize it as much as I would have liked. However, I can't remember the last time my body hasn't hurt when I've gotten out of bed. The last 4 days, seriously, I am pain free!
This has been a great experience for me, and yes I plan to do it again but I think I will have to limit myself to 3 or 5 day fasts.

I will continue to juice in the mornings because I don't think I've tasted such yummy juice as when it it freshly made, and you can experiment with so many combinations.

If anyone wants to join me in another fast next month, or would like to try your own, I will be happy to share what I have learned from my wonderful juicing community. I am no expert, but knowing all the questions I had as a virgin juicer, I should be able to help out somewhere.

No comments: