Thursday, August 2, 2012

Let the juicing begin!

My new Hurom 100 Slow Juicer is ultra attractive. I ordered it on Thursday and got it on Tuesday from Chef.com. It's a masticating juicer which means you get about 60% more nutrients from your produce than from a centrifugal juicer. All I know is that it works pretty slick and it's moderately quiet, compared to my Blendtec, which, by the way, I LOVE.

I have now completed my first day of juice fasting. The only changes I've noticed so far is my headaches are gone, the craving for foods is becoming less and less. I did suffer a pretty good crash right about 2:00 in the afternoon where I had to go into a dark room and shut down for a few minutes, but that night I slept better even though I had to get up at 3:00 am to use the terlet, but I fell right back into bed and slept like a baby.
My head feels much clearer today. It's almost like each day gets a little bit better! Maybe that's why people do these for 10 days?

I will say one thing though, I really need to simplify my method of juicing so it goes much faster. I spent an hour this morning washing, cutting, peeling, juicing, pouring, and then the rinsing and cleaning up. Wow.It doesn't take that long to fix my lunches for a whole week when I'm eating crap!
So this weekend, I plan to do all my washing, peeling, and cutting of the produce that I can, package it up and have it all ready to go each morning. That way I'm hoping to cut my prep time in half each day. 

After juicing for a day, I'm so glad I decided to start out on a green smoothie fast first as that helped me merge into this so much better. I am committed to follow through on this at least for 9 more days, and then we will see how it goes. 


My weight loss, well, I won't even go there yet. I am not going to reveal that until the end because so far it's been pretty phenomenal.

No comments: