Sunday, August 5, 2012

Juice Feast Days 3 and 4

Still going strong! Realized that in the area where I live, juicing is a very lonely lifestyle. No juice bars or raw food cafe's close to where I live. Jon says I shouldn't worry because we have a juice bar in our own house. He's right, but it's not the same!

Day 3 went off with no challenges or hitches. Eeeeeeexcellent. However, being the nice wife that I am, I stopped on the way home from work and picked up my hubby his favorite pizza at Papa Murphy's. He's recovering from hernia surgery and I'm afraid I haven't done too well providing him with anything more that liquid food lately. Being the good sport that he is, he doesn't complain and if he gets hungry, he goes and fixes himself something to eat.



Day 4 (Saturday) was going to prove a little more challenging. Mi sister and her family came to stay with us for the weekend as they had a wedding a few hours south of us. Normally, I would say "you are on your own for food!" But this sister has put me and my family up for the last 33 years and has been so accommodating, that I wanted to return the favor, however small. Saturday morning I got up early and made my juice and then I started preparing them a breakfast of pancakes (my weakness), scrambled eggs, and cut up cantaloupe and watermelon. I did not cheat. First challenge: check.
That afternoon, we went with our son and his family to Costco and Smith's to do our weekly shopping, and while they ate lunch at Costco, I sat there at the table with my lemon water and didn't cheat!
Oy. I know I am doing something good for myself, but I do miss the socialization that comes with food.
Tonight, for the first time since this started, I woke up at 12:30 pm hungry. That's never happened in my life. I'm thinking I either didn't drink enough juice during the day, or I was dreaming about eating and it woke me up. Probably the latter.


No comments: